- Reading = 20% = end of Year 11 examination
- Listening = 20% = endof Year 11 examination
- Speaking = 30% = 2 controlled tasks
- Writing = 30% = 2 controlled tasks
How can I help my child reach their target for a GCSE in Modern Foreign?
- Ensure they know their preparation for the Writing &Speaking tasks as these are worth 60% of the GCSE.
- Ensure they spend time doing past papers on line (also use these French and German links):
- Test vocabulary
Test from the target language into. Look in your child's book forsheet or alternatively, check the vocabulary list attached.
- Encourage your child to work regularly: a little and often!
Last modified: Sunday, 19 February 2012, 4:29 PM