How can I help my child in Citizenship?
To help student in Citizenship & PSHCE the advice is the same regardless of the year group:
- Watch the news at least once per week with your child or have it on the radio in the car.
- Get a broadsheet newspaper once a week or at the weekend.
- Ask them their opinion of what they have see/heard/read and be prepared to discuss it with them.
- Encourage them to have an opinion on different subjects and ask them what they think of actions/events.
- The BBC News website is really good at covering up to the minute events and is accessible to most.
- Newsround is also effective and has activities to engage younger students.
Last modified: Monday, 27 February 2012, 12:35 PM